Monday, October 20, 2014

Break From The Mold


I cannot believe how fast time is flying by!  This week was so fun yet so busy!  This week we had Rick Wilkerson speak on Culture of Revival: Whole-hearted worship.  He had some amazing points including the fact that we all have a purpose in life; God did not create us to be robots.  We should not just be Christians on autopilot.  God wants us to get to know Him and relate to Him that way we are able to pray what it is He wants us to pray.  He wants us to partner with Him.  He wants us to abide in Him.  “Slow down and talk to God!”  Just like in the parable of the 10 Virgins in Matthew 25, we need to take time to spend time with Jesus, abiding in Him so that we will be ready for Him when He comes.  Are you Ready?  Did you take time to buy the oil ahead of time?

In the later half of the week we had a road trip up to the Beacon House of Prayer in Stoke-On-Trent.  On the way up, we stopped in at Derby to visit the DTS there.  Their DTS is a smaller group, but they have a beautiful old house with multiple stories and many rooms!  It was such a neat place to visit. (Especially with me loving architecture and all!) That evening we played fish bowl!  I love that game!  It was so nice to just look around the room and see how much of a family we have all become already.  It is such a comforting feeling being surrounded by people all with the same love for our Awesome God. 

The next morning, we got up early, as we always do, and headed over to Stoke to the Beacon House of Prayer.  I had no idea what to expect when we got there.  Basically it was a group of believers who have a passion for praying and interceding for the nations.  We had a lot of time in worship, as well as a lot of time praying for each other and for all the nations of the world.  In addition, we spent some time discussing what we all do at our individual houses of prayer to see if we could come up with a way to organize and plan out how to move forward expanding and bettering each individual house of prayer.  During one of the prayer times, we broke up into small groups to discuss the topic of the last session.  God however had a different plan in mind for my group.  I was with three ladies from different houses of prayer and then one of the leaders from my DTS, Hannah.  The three ladies really felt a call to pray for Hannah and me.  It was amazing!  These ladies knew nothing about either of us, but the words God spoke through them hit home for both of us.  For me, they received:
            A flat needle meaning God is going to weave together things in my life that I never thought could be put back together, or even together for the first time.
            A compass meaning that God is revealing to me the direction He is going to be sending me in soon.  The flat needle also tied in as the pointer for the compass showing that I will be sewing into people and pointing others in the direction they will be going and sending them out.
            I was also given Zephaniah 3:17- “The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.  He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”  The person who gave me that also said that she could just picture God taking me in His arms and holding me, telling me I am His child.  That was a cool one to get!
 
Basically, this past week included a lot of growing and stretching.  The whole people getting words for me from God is very new to me.  It was a lot to process.  I know it is something that occurs, and occurs often, but until moving here, I had never had anyone get words from God for me.  It is such an amazing thing that our God, the God of the universe wants to speak directly to us.  He wants to spend time with each of us.  We are His children.  He created us to love on us and to spend time with us.  He would not just create us and then never communicate with us.  In addition, I had a lot to process about what Rick said about abiding in Christ, so it was good to have this week to process it.    

This week we also had a lot of fun bonding time as a team.  A group of us went rock climbing, which was so much fun!  We also had a bunch of movie nights as well as game nights!  It is amazing how after only a few weeks, we can feel like we have known each other for quite a while. 


                                                        The Girls from the rock climbing group!



                                                                    Game night teams!



One major way God has been working in my life is that He is teaching me how to break from the mold.  For starters, you have to learn to be quite flexible when on a DTS.  Basically you have to learn to go with the flow.  It is all great stuff that we are doing, you just find out about it last minute at times.  It is good for me though because it is teaching me to be okay with not having an exact schedule.  In addition, as many people know, I am weird with food!  To say weird with food is obviously an understatement.  However, I eat everything that is served to me.  Meaning, I try all the different types of food that is prepared.  I actually enjoy most of it too!  God gave me that extra push that I needed to eat the meat!  It’s great! I know that sounds childish, and well yes it is, but that part of my life needed a lot of maturing.  

                                                                 Me Carving the Chicken!

One fun way that God taught me to break from the mold is baking a cake without a recipe.  If any of you know me, well I do not know how to work without instructions.  I have lists and order and recipes.  That is how my brain works and functions.  But one of my friends here challenged me to break from that and make something without a recipe.  He picked out all the ingredients that would go in and we just threw stuff in without measuring.  It was actually really fun!  It turned out pretty decent.  Let’s be real it was not the best cake I have ever made, but it was good.  

 Sorry for the insanely long post.  And for the fact that I am a week behind, I will get into a routine of it soon enough...Let's hope.  Still getting used to the whole blogging thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment